We’re a group of passionate folks who love what we do. We want to work with others who embrace challenges and believe that our most basic abilities can be developed through dedication and hard work. We are actively seeking motivated professionals to fill a Senior Interior Designer position.
Our driving motivation is to enhance and heighten the experience of everyone who enters the spaces we design. The building design and the interior design are one and the same; the line between the two is blurred at Walker Architects.
You thrive in an open, collaborative environment and enjoy creative problem-solving as a team. You’re motivated, flexible, and highly curious. You’re energized by opportunities to learn about your craft and yourself.
If this resonates with you, we want to hear more about you.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Create architectural drawings in Revit
- Edit specifications in BSD SpecLink
- Collaborate with other design team members to develop conceptual designs
- Listen generously to understand a client’s needs throughout programming, space planning, and development of the design
- Plan ahead and anticipate by selecting finishes that align with the project goals and budget
- Honor commitments and deliver contract documents on schedule
- Communicate to be understood through lean documentation and detailing
- Follow through to completion and hone your craft in the field by playing an active role in construction administration
Salary and benefits:
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Direct Primary Care coverage for employees and dependents
- 3 weeks paid time off, with additional parental and bereavement leave
- Paid holidays, including an end-of-year holiday break week and an annual birthday gift
- 401k with matching
- Company-furnished life insurance
- Licensure and professional organization membership reimbursements
- Reimbursement for professional development
- Flexible work schedule opportunities
A minimum of ten years of interior design experience
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $95,000.00 per year
COVID-19 considerations: Remote work; lowered maximum capacity in the office
To apply, email your cover letter, resume, and digital portfolio to Andrea at acellini [at] walker-arch.com. No drop-ins, please.