Who we are:
We’re a group of passionate folks who love what we do. We want to work with others who embrace challenges and believe that our most basic abilities can be developed through dedication and hard work. We are actively seeking motivated professionals to fill a Architectural Designer position.
Who you are:
You thrive in an open, collaborative environment, and enjoy creative problem-solving as a team. You’re motivated, flexible, and highly curious. You’re energized by learning about your craft and yourself.
Our mission is putting people first, by design. We believe that agile spaces allow the people who occupy them to be more successful by removing the things that get in the way. The building design and the interior design are one and the same; the line between the two is blurred at Walker Architects.
If this resonates with you, we want to hear more about you.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Listen generously to understand a client’s needs throughout programming, space planning, and development of the design
- Follow through to completion and hone your craft in the field by playing an active role in construction administration
- Collaborate with other design team members to develop all phases of design
- Be Playful. Have fun and enjoy your work. While our passion for excellence is real, remember that the world has bigger problems than the daily challenges we face.
- Be creative. Every task is a design opportunity. In the search for the best solutions, challenge and question existing precedent.
- Know your craft. Seek out and take advantage of every opportunity to gain more knowledge and increase your skills.
- Create architectural drawings in Revit
Salary and benefits:
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Direct Primary Care coverage for employees and dependents
- 3 weeks paid time off, with additional parental and bereavement leave
- Paid holidays, including an end-of-year holiday break week and an annual birthday gift
- 401k with matching
- Company-furnished life insurance
- Licensure and professional organization membership reimbursements
- Reimbursement for professional development
- Flexible work schedule opportunities
- A bachelor’s degree in architecture, interior design or related field.
If interested in applying for this role, please email your cover letter, resume, and digital portfolio to Andrea at acellini [at] walker-arch.com. No drop-ins, please.
Job Type: Full-time